Today we ate Skyr Cake from Iceland.


I prepared this on Sunday because it has to set in the fridge overnight and was looking forward to trying it, since it seemed very similar to the frozen yogurt pie I enjoy. Skyr is a bit like yogurt, but is apparently a soft cheese. So this was a little like a cheesecake. I was a bit put off by the raw egg being added, since this is a refrigerated dessert, not cooked at all.

Anyway, I can honestly say that none of us really liked this. It has a firm tofu consistency and texture and not much flavor, other than the chocolate digestive biscuits that make up the crust. If you want to try this, I would recommend adding some sugar to the recipe or using whipped cream rather than heavy cream to give it some sweetness.
On the plus side, Ebabe made the crust and it was nice to have her helping!




0 Responses

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!