Even though Kermit the Frog told us that it wasn't easy being green, it sure wasn't very difficult to find some cool green things to capture this week.


Green algae on the rocks below a small waterfall at Cantigny Park in Wheaton, IL


Many greens in and around the East Reflection Pool near the McCormick Museum at Cantigny Park.


This tiny green chair can be found in Cinderella's Drawing Room in the Colleen Moore Fairy Castle at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.




Lettuce growing in our garden... not being bothered by the bunnies - hooray!


Green headed dragon fly hanging around in our back yard.  We had a staring contest.  I think I won but it's hard to tell if it blinked!


A different (non green) dragonfly in the yard. I included this one because the green grass in the background makes an excellent backdrop to see the intricacies of the wings.


And my favorite green... Bug's eyes.  Until I made this picture sephia-toned, I didn't realize just how green her eyes really are!  They usually appear a hazelish green color but that must be influenced quite a bit by her skin tone.  Anyway, I love, love, love green eyes!  (and blue ones too)


For more shots of green (with some chairs or hands thrown in for fun), check out the You Capture Challenge.
7 Responses
  1. Wow! Very cool captures.


  2. Heather Says:

    Love the first shot and the 2nd dragonfly shot...thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by my place!!


  3. Unknown Says:

    love the statue in the water, and the dragonfly I got a great dragon fly shot.. a few weeks ago.. I love your choice for green.


  4. Kris Says:

    wow ...these photos are fantastic!


  5. Stacia Says:

    That reflection pool looks sooooooooo peaceful. Could I go there for a few hours, okay, days??


  6. Unknown Says:

    Great photos! I love how green those eyes are! So enchanting :)


  7. Hollie Says:

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the dragonfly shots!


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!