This week I set about looking for colors in my life. Winter colors are beautiful for the first few minutes and then I'm ready to move on to the pastels of spring or rewind to the rich tones of fall.

Here are a few of the colors in my life this week.

First off, the colors of the pond in the backyard. I'm not sure why the water was so blue this week since all the other ponds nearby were grey but I sure like the blue better.


The red and white of the candy cane hearts I made this week.

The pipe cleaners are representative of all the crazy colored craft products we have in our house!

When I first saw the challenge last week, I just knew I was going to have a variety of fruit all cut up and pretty to demonstrate the colors of our food. Ha, ha, ha... what was I thinking! So, here are the rainbow goldfish that frequent our snack bowls. I decided I'd play a bit with kaleidoscope mode since the children have been singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds quite a bit this week (girl with kaleidoscope eyes - get it?!).

And finally, the blue of Ebabe's eyes is the same color blue of my grandfather's eyes. He passed away last August and there is something extra special about seeing him in her eyes.

If you'd like to see the color in other's lives, check out the You Capture challenge on I Should Be Folding Laundry.
14 Responses
  1. Bacardi Mama Says:

    These are absolutely the most beautiful and colorful captures I have seen yet. Great job!!


  2. Your daughter's eyes are beautiful!

    And I love the goldfish photo!


  3. Sarah Says:

    wow... i LOVE your first shot of the pond. and your daughter is beautiful!


  4. Lena Says:

    Mmmm candy cane hearts, those look so good! I also love the goldfish photo, very creative.
    Your daughter is adorable, what gorgeous eyes.
    My grandfather passed away recently as well, and my son's hair color and personality always remind me of him. Nice to see them live on =)


  5. Rissa Says:

    I love the pipe cleaners! They bring a flood of warm, fuzzy feelings and the colors are so happy. Also? I thought your pond was somewhere on the coast - *that's* how blue it looks!


  6. Stacia Says:

    The pipe cleaners are my favorite, too. Great idea for the "colors" theme. I'm imagining all the crafting possibilities!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    ooooh I really like your pond and pipe cleaners shots! Well done! Your daughter is adorable by the way!


  8. Shelly Says:

    Beautiful!! How did you get the last picture to be in B&W except for her eyes?


  9. Sara Says:

    Cool pic of E! I didn't realize she and grandpa had the same color eyes. Learn something new every day. :)


  10. ToadMama Says:

    I like all of your shots but the pond pic and your daughter are my favorites. The pond ice is like glacier ice... it absorbs all colors but blue, so blue is what you see.


  11. Anonymous Says:

    oh my goodness, her eyes! BEAUTIFUL!


  12. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for the comment! A yo yo quilt is just what it's called, and I'm not exactly sure why, but I do know on the reverse side of what's showing in the picture, all the circles (or yo yo's) have been sewn delicately. I needed to have hung it up that way!

    Your pictures are great! I like the goldfish :)


  13. Anonymous Says:

    gorgeous pictures. your daughter's eyes are beautiful. great work :)


  14. Ok, 2 things:
    Gorgeous blue eyes!!!
    Colorful food--enough said. =)


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!