Why do we call it a slumber party if not much sleep actually occurs during the party? Maybe we should just call it what it is, an unslumber party, a cat-nap party or an insomnia party. Whatever you want to call it, we celebrated Boo's birthday this weekend with one.

We (and by we, I mean I - that sounds funny even if it is grammatically correct!) have a birthday party policy that each kid gets a big party every three years. This is one of Boo's off years but we (again, read this as I) decided she could have a few friends over to spend the night. She invited 3 of her good friends (I drew the line at 3 this time around!). It was exhausting for all but very fun too.

We'll start out with her idea for her cake. Boo wanted cupcakes. Not just any cupcakes, but mint chocolate chip cupcakes. No problem! I found some creme de menthe chips and mixed them in the batter and then sprinkled crushed peppermint on the top of the frosting. The smell of mint during the baking and decorating was enough to clear my sinuses for awhile.


Here's Boo blowing out her candle. We had the cupcakes after our pizza and before our movie began.

After watching The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, catching popcorn thrown up into the air in their mouths, some dress up time and a few board games, the girls got ready for sleeping. (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!)


I'm guessing that they got about 6 hours of sleep or so. Not too bad but significantly less than most of them regularly get.

In the morning, we watched Santa Buddies while we waited for everyone to wake/get up and breakfast to be made. Boo had requested that her dad make letter pancakes for breakfast. He had fun and took it a step farther making ages as well.


After breakfast and some Mario Kart on the Wii, we packed up the car and headed to the Opry Glow Golf at the mall. While we had to do some refreshing on how to play, the girls quickly got the hang of it and really enjoyed themselves.


We finished golfing and took a quick group shot. No one was a bit tired...


We dropped everyone off on the way home, had some leftover pizza for lunch and hit the sack. After my nap I was able to reflect on all the goofy things the girls did and record some of the fun things they said.

"Go get a life... and use it!"

"I think you have a case of salad-itis"

"Elmo loves you. Will you marry him?"
"We're trying to set a world record for the longest time spent talking about Harry Potter characters. It's been an hour and a half so far."

I'd say a good time was had by all!
Labels: , , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oh, the slumber party days! I can't wait for those with my daughter. (Or maybe I can! We never slept much either when I was little.) Also, love the pancake idea!


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!