The You Capture theme over at I Should Be Folding Laundry is work this week. Work means something different to each person. In science, work = force * distance. For Chip, work is being an electrical engineer.
For my children, work= play


with the occasional school work or practice thrown in for good measure.




My work as a stay at home mom & wife consists of being a personal chauffeur,

organizer, coach, teacher, speech therapist, tour guide, chef,

circus performer, artist, birthday party planner,

hairdresser, nurse, personal shopper,

day planner, personal banker, valet, seamstress, archivist, genealogist, laundry service,


dictionary, proofreader, encyclopedia of all knowledge, and spiritual guide.

I love my job!

On a slightly different definition of work...

I have some kind of undiagnosed (although not for lack of trying!) rheumatological disorder, which very simply put, triggers stiffness and pain when I've been in one position for too long, such as overnight. Whatever it is also occasionally makes my eyes dry out so much that I need to use eye drops to open them. Once I get moving, I am fine, but that initial motion to get up is excruciating sometimes. Sometimes the hardest work I do each day is simply getting myself out of bed.

(photo staged with long shutter speed and a timer)

I decided to blog briefly about my random problems, not for sympathy or pity, but to encourage others with bizarre health issues and let you know you are not alone.
8 Responses
  1. Being a mom is one of the hardest most rewarding jobs.

    I hope they figure out what is wrong.


  2. Lena Says:

    Ooo love the last shot (is that bad?). Cool use of shutter speed!
    I think stay at home moms should be hired for any position on the spot. We're some of the most well-rounded people out there.
    Feel better!


  3. I love your pictures! And can totally relate to your job description. Very creative on that last shot...but I'm sorry to hear you are suffering so much. I hope you can find a resolution to your mystery illness soon!


  4. Sara Says:

    Love the grocery store shot! Very creative! And the shutter speed shot - captures all the daily action! You do have a great job and you're great at it! :)


  5. H-Mama Says:

    what a great week. looks organized to me. ;) i can relate too. :)


  6. Valerie Says:

    I agree with what Lena said. Staying at home is a full time job that requires many skills that not all are equipped for. Cool post!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Staying at home is definitely more than a 40 hour week but SOOOO worth it!


  8. Stacia Says:

    Laundry service ... yes! (Also, that conveyor-belt shot at the store is wonderful. Your little helper!)


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!