I've been doing quite a bit with candy canes in the month since Christmas. I had several broken pieces that I didn't want to throw away so I started looking for ideas and found these meringue heart cookies from Gourmet Mom on-the-Go which have smashed candy cane topping.


I had never made a meringue before but it turns out they are pretty easy to do. Piping it into a heart shape was a bit of a challenge... some of them looked a bit more like blobs than hearts but I think by the end, I'd gotten the hang of it. My only other issue was that the cooking time was a bit too long and the meringue seemed a little overdone. It didn't throw the taste off much, if at all, but I would suggest that you check them periodically for color while you are baking them.


For the dipping chocolate, I used my crock pot on high to heat 2 lbs of chocolate chips. It took about 5-10 minutes for all the chips to melt. Once it had melted, I took the crock out of the pot and managed to dip all 47 cookies before the chocolate cooled too much. I think the crock kept it just warm enough!

Labels: , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Kristi Says:

    Those look awesome! Great job.


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!