Do you know what these two pictures are?



Signs of change! The first image is easily recognizable.  The weather is getting cooler, the days shorter and the seasons are beginning to change.

The second is the internal sign for Ebabe's preschool.  Today was her first day and the first day I have had all three children in school.  Big changes for me (and for her).



As I was thinking about the assignment for You Capture this week (signs) and reflecting on the changes that are beginning around here, I was realizing how quickly the girls' childhood has been flying by.  Too many times, in the thick of all the arguing, hitting, screaming and roughhousing that goes on, I feel like I need to post this sign for them.


I don't want them to loiter in those not-so-fun crazy and hectic moments of childhood.  I want to erase the bickering; delete the discord that seems to happen when they are acting so immature.  I want to fast forward until they are older and more mature and I won't have to deal with all the craziness.

Then I get a reality check.  I remember that childhood is definitely a


street.  You can't go back and re-live your childhood no matter how hard you try.  So no matter how much I wish they were would act like older children, I wouldn't want them to lose out on the magic that is childhood.  This is the time of in their lives when they don't have to carry around the burdens of the world; where a few minutes of unfettered laughter and silliness is the best medicine for any ailment.  I hope I remember that the next time the sibling spats begin.

On a much lighter note, I came across this sign this week and couldn't help but laugh at the bizarre cloud reaching out to jab at the person.  I'm not sure why I find it so amusing but I do. 

 

Check out some other You Capture signs over at I Should Be Folding Laundry.
Labels: , | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Buckeroomama Says:

    Your daughter looks so cute in her blue dress and her big backpack! Here's toa great year ahead for her. :)


  2. Amanda Says:

    What a great post! Yay for changes! PS I am loving the last picture. Made me laugh!


  3. Brooke Says:

    Loved your signs! I had a laugh at that sign too... seems oddly appropriate for my house!
    PS - I scrolled down and loved seeing your shots from the Tall ships and the Renissance Fair. Two things that we have been wanting to do...... but haven't. How were the crowds for the tall ships? My husband is so clausterphobic that he gets a little edgy going into the city and forget-about-it if there are going to be crazy hoards of people. But I really want to go - someday :D


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!