The theme this week was summer and it was a very difficult topic for me.  I wasn't anywhere near a campfire or a campground this week.  We weren't home so there are no BBQ photos, pool pictures or even crazy rain storm photos this week.  Luckily, there are so many wonderful things about summer, I snapped a few of my favorite summer things from our vacation.

First, summer is nothing without gardens.  While I couldn't get any shots of my own (certainly by now - weedfilled garden), you'll have to settle for this beautiful flower garden next to Cotswold Cottage at Greenfield Village.


And what's summer without having to mow the lawn?!  I'm just glad that I have a modern lawn mower to get the work done faster and with a bit less smell.


How about going for a bike ride?  That's summer fun!


Baseball games just scream summertime to me.  My season is just about over and I always anticipate the beginning of the new season each May.  I'm happy my kids have learned to love it as well.


Another sure sign of summer is a child who is just so exhausted from playing that she'll fall asleep anywhere!


Learning the yo-yo and spending time with Uncle Matt (and other family members) is summer!


And finally, what summer is complete without some kind of fountain?  This is the Cascades in Jackson, MI.  The lights dance to the music every night!  Beautiful.


I hope you have had a marvelous summer!  For more summer fun, check out I Should Be Folding Laundry.
8 Responses
  1. Sara Says:

    Love the way you put this together!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Oh my, I do love that mowing the lawn photo! And how on earth does he get on the bike? It's up so high!


  3. Kelli Says:

    Love the sleeping photo, that is a classic moment!


  4. Renegades Says:

    Looks like a very fun summer!

    The sleeping one is precious.


  5. Unknown Says:

    You did a wonderful job even though you weren't around the things that typically 'shout' summer. I love these images. I feel like I was right there enjoying a fun summer day :)


  6. Natalie Says:

    Oh my! And i thought my pictures were "country" the unorthodox lawn mower and the cool bike are great shots! i love capturing unique things people normally woudn't see or notice everyday! wonderful work!


  7. jody Says:

    what a little love muffin - i love the shoulder sleeping shot. so adorably sweet!

    jody
    http://www.peapublishing.com


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I think you definitely captured the summer feel with these photos. :)


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!