How do you look at Spring?  Is it a time of renewal?  A time for getting chores done?

The challenge over at You Capture for the week was to look at Spring from a new perspective.  So here goes...

What happens in the Spring?  The grass gets greener and begins to require weekly (or more often) mowing.


Look at that grass more closely.  You can't see all the action that is happening there.


That little ant is part of a much larger colony.  He's headed out to forage for food. 


Spring is a busy time for the insects.


It's incredible how much work an ant does each Spring.  If I could harness some of that determination and energy to get work done around my house, it would be wonderful.

This weeks posting is a celebration of ants in the great outdoors. Each Spring, many of these guys descend on my home and try to make it their own.  While I don't mind them outside, I don't particularly like showering in my 2nd floor bathroom and looking up to see a few of the little buggers staring at me!  If anyone has some sure fire ways to get them out of my house, I'd love to hear them.
Labels: | edit post
11 Responses
  1. Sara Says:

    Wow! Nice work!! These are very cool!


  2. Alita Says:

    Nice Macro shots! The boys love ants (weirdos) but I'm more like, meh... as long as they don't get inside I could care less about them. Definitely a sure sign of spring though. Great job!


  3. Regina Lynn Says:

    Wow. Just wow. Those ant shots are incredible!


  4. Jen Says:

    Is that a peony those ants are working on?


  5. Ann Says:

    Wow, the ant shots are so good I got the creepy-crawlies! Great perspective!


  6. Bec Says:

    I could do without ants! But great shots!


  7. Rugby Nut Says:

    Love the photos - see the ants are good for something at least!



  8. Brooke Says:

    Oh good! My comment worked. I have attempted a number of times to comment on your blog and it JUST wouldn't work :D


  9. Anonymous Says:

    These are fantastic!


  10. Anonymous Says:

    My little guy is obsessed with ants right now. Love these shots!

    They like to come in from the heat at my house, too. Soapy water usually does the trick for us: http://www.ehow.com/how_4550180_killing-ants-soap-water.html.


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!