Today's You Capture theme was sky.


Last Friday night, this beauty appeared in our back yard!  It even brought along one of it's friends - can you see it's twin just above it on the left?  Thanks to my husband who managed to stitch together the 3 pictures I took to come up with this great panoramic!


 For some reason this picture seems upside-down to me.  It isn't but it looks that way.  It was a gorgeous dusk, just before some rain showers.  I love the way the sun highlighted this wonderful formation.


Can you see the little elephant on the right holding on to his mother's tail with his trunk?  Oh, maybe it's just me!  I love to find pictures in the clouds!  I remember laying on my back in the grass when I was growing up spending hours watching the clouds.  How much free time I must have had then!  Now it seems as if I'm lucky to be able to glance at the sky from time to time.  Hopefully this summer will bring many opportunities to revisit my childhood and stare at the clouds!

 Yep, my head's in the clouds and I hope that is something I'm passing along to my kiddos!

Check out more pictures of the sky at I Should Be Folding Laundry.

Labels: | edit post
13 Responses
  1. Jumped over here from You Capture. Love the rainbow picture. The color is awesome! And I do see your baby elephant. What fun.


  2. Anjie Says:

    Beautiful rainbow! And finding things in the clouds is a fun pastime...I should do that with me kids this week.


  3. mindy Says:

    i love love love that first shot. and the lovely clouds in the second one... yum!


  4. Bec Says:

    I love that someone else out there still takes the time to look for shapes in the clouds!


  5. Stacia Says:

    Oh, I do see the elephant! Lovely, lovely shots this week. =>


  6. Anonymous Says:

    That rainbow picture is absolutely stunning.
    I see the elephant! :)


  7. Amber D Says:

    I'm just learning about panoramic shots and I have a few on my you capture as well. I'm hoping to play with them more this weekend.


  8. wow i love the 1st shot. Its beautiful
    Do visit me


  9. Mardi Says:

    Wow your rainbow is stunning... and I love the way you have stitched it into a panoramac shot...it certainly does the rainbow justice that way...thanks so much for popping by my blog too..


  10. angela Says:

    Thanks for pointing out the elephant holding the tail of the mommy elephant that made me smile. : )


  11. jeffkny Says:

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your rainbow shot, and I have also done some stitching with photos, but none good enough to show...yet. Your blog is very interesting. BTW, I followed you. Jeff


  12. Melissa Says:

    Love that rainbow shot!

    As soon as I saw the second shot I thought it looked like it was upside down.

    I see the elephant too!


  13. Wow - beautiful shots! That rainbow is amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
    Alissa


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!