I've been following several of my semi-professional photographer friends' blogs for the past year or so and have really enjoyed seeing the variety of photos they take. One of them has been participating in the You Capture challenge. Even though my photographs are taken with a point-and-shoot and are no where near as good as my friends' by any means, I decided to take up the challenge. If nothing else, it will keep me blogging on a regular basis and perhaps hone some of my photography skills.

That said, the challenge for week one of 2010 is "2009 in review." So here are my top photos of 2009.



I like this one because it shows Ebabe's contemplative state as she looks out over the river in downtown Naperville.




Here's Boo ready to play catcher in her first baseball game.



The shadows playing over this tribute to John Lennon in Central Park's Strawberry Fields area really add to the sentiment, "Imagine."



Isn't nature amazing!



I really like contrast between the layers of clouds, the kite drifting up in the sky and Ebabe as she holds on tight.



A quick pic of Bug as she collects dandelions.

If you'd like to learn more about the challenge or view other folk's submissions, click on the picture below to visit the I should be folding laundry blog!


Photobucket
Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Jessi Says:

    Great pictures! I love the kite one...I love kites! You're children are beautiful! My pics are from a point and shoot also...working towards that nice big camera! haha.
    Welcome to You Capture. It's so fun!


  2. Unknown Says:

    Welcome to You Capture, I've made it my resolution to contribute every week this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone's great pictures.


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!