I have a friend who makes the best candied pecans every year. They are mouth-wateringly delicious. Until I met her, I'd never had candied nuts before. I've asked for the recipe but decided I couldn't wait to get it. So, I did something I don't usually do and struck out on my own! I based my recipe on a common one found online but changed amounts and the type of sugar.


Here is my recipe for candied pecans.




1 lb of shelled pecans
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 egg white
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract


Mix all ingredients but the pecans in a large plastic bag or bowl with an air tight lid. Add nuts and mix until pecans are covered. Bake on lightly greased pan for 15 minutes at 275 degrees. Allow to cool fully before removing from pan.




We're using these as part of our teacher gifts this year. I think these are even better than the ones my friend makes! After I made the first batch, I asked her about it and she uses white sugar and condensed milk in her recipe. I'll post it too when I get it so you can compare and make your own decision that mine are best... I mean, which ones are best!
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Sara Says:

    Yum! Love candied nuts. Thanks for the recipe!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    You poor child. Can't believe your parents never bought you candied pecans at the mall, at the circus, at the fair - wherever...

    Guess our frugality DOES have an effect on you even in your adulthood. Sorry, sweets! Yeah, I know. The only souvinirs we ever let you have from anywhere we went (including DisneyWorld) were postcards.
    8>(


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!