What do you get when you leave 2 bananas and 3 pears on your counter for too long? No, not a bad punchline... ingredients for Banana Pear Bread!!!



I used this recipe, courtesy of Smell My Olive Pits, with a few small changes (in red)


Banana & Pear Bread
Makes 1 loaf
2 over-ripe bananas
2 ripe pears, cut into ~1cm cubes (I used 3 pears chopped into small pieces with my Pampered Chef chopper)
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar (I couldn't find any so just used regular table sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup olive / vegetable oil
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 170C (350F). Mash bananas in big bowl, add in pear chunks. Add sugars, oil, eggs, vanilla and mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon in another bowl then add it to the wet mixture. Mix till just combined. Pop in a lined (or greased) 9X5 loaf pan (or I’m sure these can be placed in muffin trays). Cook for 50 minutes or when it tests as done. Cool, slice, eat and store.



The bread smelled wonderful as it was baking and tasted great, although a little mushy around the small fruit chunks in the bread. Perhaps I didn't mash up the banana or chop the pear enough. I'd definitely recommend trying this recipe though, especially if you are like me and forget that you have certain fresh fruit in the house!
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!