So I am starting to think that my children are all smarter than I am, or at least than I was at their ages.


Ebabe, the 21 month old, has figured out how to climb out of her crib and get on top of her changing table. This has happened for 2 mornings in a row now. Yesterday I went in to find her drinking honey (put on the changing table in the middle of the night to stop her coughing spell) right out of the squirt bottle. Today she was in the process of taking all the wipes out of the container. I'm currently trying to find one of those crib tents to see if it will work. Some people swear by them and others say they don't work at all. I don't want to spend $80 to find out it won't work. Well, I don't want to spend $80 at all but...


Bug, I'm discovering is a budding artist. She likes to draw random things around the house, looking at the object periodically but not too frequently. She's 4 and she's a better artist than I am. Check out her Mickey Mouse!


And Boo. 2nd grade and these are some of her spelling words for the last few weeks:
champion, bragging, animals, escape, decorate, imitate, amazed, married, copied, exclaimed, subtracted, repeated, thickening, chuckle, multiplied, fancied, clarified, satisfied, stackable, background, chickens, hammock, knocking, rehearse, perfection, inserting, personal and earthworm. Seriously?!?!? I don't think I had to learn these words until 3rd or 4th grade. She'll probably come home with "sophisticated" next week. Is this the area we live in or do other cities/states/countries have work like this in 2nd grade?


All 3 of them are also much better swimmers than I was at that age. Ebabe started swimming in the 2nd level (B) and has progressed to level D in 2 months. Bug is an excellent floater and, although still using the noodles to stay above water, is doing very well at the front crawl. Boo is in a class with largly 10 -12 year old children. She is learning how to do flip-turns and the butterfly. I can't do those now! Her backstroke, freestyle and diving are among the best in her level according to her teacher. Crazy!
Labels: , , , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Sara Says:

    You do have very talented children! I love the honey story. :) And Matt and I have been saying for awhile that Bug might have the make-up to be an artist of some sort. And we all know Boo's aptitude for words! Clarified? Really? I don't think second graders everywhere are learning these words, but I could be wrong.


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!