Today I decided that I wanted a sweet snack that wasn't too high in calories. Since the kids like finger jello, I decided that I'd make some rainbow finger jello. Not only is it tasty, you can teach about primary colors with it.


To make Rainbow Finger Jello, you need:

6 packets of Knox gelatin packets
1 6oz or 2 3oz boxes of red jello
1 6oz or 2 3oz boxes of yellow jello
1 6oz or 2 3oz boxes of blue jello

Mix 1 cup of cold water and 2 packets of Knox gelatin until completely dissolved.

Boil 1 cup water in a pot on the stove. (While you wait for the water to boil, lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 cassarole dish.) Stir in blue jello to boiling water. Bring to a boil again, then remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture and 1/2 cup cold water. Pour mixture into cassarole dish and put in refrigerator.

Check firmness after about 1 hour. If it is not jiggly, you can repeat the above steps with the yellow jello. When you pour it over the blue jello, make sure you move the pan around as you pour, otherwise the heat from the yellow jello will melt the blue jello.



Repeat the above with the red jello once the other layers are firm.


My kids think this jello is really cool because it looks like a rainbow. The light refracts on the red, yellow and blue colors so that you can see orange and green as well.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my children have!
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for the recipe. My daughters teacher asked her to bring finger jello for a science experiment and I had no idea what it was. :)
    She needs it in different colors to shape the various parts of a plant cell.
    Thanks again
    Maggie


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!