So Bug likes the Backyardigans. My mom and I made a nice little jumper for her out of Backyardigans fabric but she doesn't really like to wear it much! She wanted something more casual I guess. When my friend J found some Backyardigans ribbon at JoAnn's, I decided to pick some up and make an outfit for Bug.


The skirt is made out of a pair of jeans that had holes in the knees. Then, since I couldn't quite figure out how to hem it evenly, I decided to put ric-rac around the bottom. Bug wanted all the colors from the ribbon so I tried to do it in a way that wasn't too gaudy. You be the judge.


The t-shirt is a Walmart special. I added the ribbon and ric-rac. Then I used a tutorial from Altered Cloth to make the headband. It was so easy but I never would have thought to do it on my own!


Anyway, Bug is very pleased. It's a busy outfit but it's pretty fun looking and perfect for the 1st day of preschool!
Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!