I bought apricots a few days ago from the local farm stand with the intent to retry the fruit leather. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any drying racks. Rather than just eat them, I decided to try making freezer jam. Now I'd never heard of freezer jam until a few weeks ago but I'm pretty sure that my sister-in-law made some last year and I just didn't realize that it was freezer jam! Anyway, it was super, super easy and quite tasty.


Here's what you need:
Apricots (or other fruit) about 3 1/2 - 4 cups blended (this is about 6-7 medium sized apricots)
1 1/2 cups Sugar or Splenda
1 package of Ball Fruit Jell Freezer Jam Pectin
containers in which to put the jam

I followed the directions on the back of the pectin package. Mix the pectin and the sugar in a large bowl until fully blended. Add the fruit puree. Mix together for 3 minutes. Pour into 8 oz containers and let set for 30 minutes. Refrigerate or freeze. If in the fridge, use within 3 weeks. It can keep in the freezer for up to one year. Enjoy!!
Labels: , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Sara Says:

    I did make freezer jam. And actually some sour cherry-apricot jam! Not this year though. Looks yummy!


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!